Feel inspired by the rural countryside in one of our 40 bespoke bedrooms. Firstly designed for comfort and luxury, but including well-appointed amenities intended to charm, each of our rooms has its own quirky character. Our original eleven bedrooms housed in the ‘Old Wing’ were built in the 17th century, and their style reflects traditional country-style living. You’ll find many of our original bedrooms include beautiful four poster beds, feature fireplaces and picturesque views.
In 1981, the hotel underwent a major renovation and an additional 29 rooms were created for form our ‘New Wing’. Large windows are an important feature in each room, designed to take advantage of the unique panoramic views on offer. Her Grace the Dowager Duchess of Devonshire supervised the renovation and design of each bedroom, and upkeep continues under the eye of the current Duchess. Throughout each bedroom, similar to the rest of the hotel, much of the artwork has come from Chatsworth’s Devonshire Collection, one of the finest private art collections in Europe.
Check-in: 15:00 GMT | Check-out: 11.00 GMT
G or 1
Our Classic Rooms are known for their superb garden viewsMore Information
G or 1
Our Deluxe Rooms exude elegance, each with individual style and classic contemporary decor.More Information
Located in the 18th century part of the house, or Old Wing, Luxury Double Rooms offer King, Twin or Four Poster bed options.More Information
G or 1
The Superior Rooms are located within both the 18th century Old Wing and New Wing parts of the house, and are named after the local family connections.More Information
Our gorgeous Suites are located on the ground floor of the New WingMore Information
Experience the magnificence of the Yorkshire Dales in a whole new way with Devonshire Arms Cottages.More Information
Why not make your stay extra special before you arrive with our menu of delicious treats? Perhaps a box of chocolates or flowers and champagne to impress a loved one, just choose from our selection and we’ll do the rest for you.
- £80 Sparkling Afternoon Tea for Two
- £60 Afternoon Tea for Two
- £23 Bottle of house wine served in your room
- £57 Bottle of house Prosecco served on ice in your room
- £70 6 course Dinner per person (Burlington)
- £84.95 Bottle of house Laurent Perrier Champagne served in your room on ice
- From £25 A bouquet of seasonal flowers
All of the above items can be purchased as a gift for someone arriving at the hotel or charged to your account to be settled on arrival. Simply contact reservations on 01756 718111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can make all the arrangements for you.
We now have a partnership with Clive Brook Volvo, and we now have a part-electric SUV, to be used for guest transportation. Take the train to our closest train stations, Ilkley or Skipton, and you can arrange to be picked up and arrive in style. Call 01756 718100 to arrange this with our concierge team.
The best way to explore the Dales is on bike. We offer bike hire from The Devonshire Spa from as little as £6 per half day. This charge can be added to your room bill, and bikes can be pre-booked in advance, so all that’s left to do is enjoy!
You may also bring your own bike at no extra cost, and we can securely store this for you. Pease call the hotel reception on 01756 718100 or email email@example.com to let us know if you’ll require either of these services.
We also offer a complimentary car parking pass to access Bolton Abbey Estate, a truly beautiful part of The Yorkshire Dales. You can find their website by clicking here www.boltonabbey.com
We provide complimentary Wi-Fi to all guests at The Devonshire Arms, so you can stay connected to the outside world. Wi-Fi is available on both public and private areas of the hotel.
Our dedicated concierge team are more than happy to help at The Devonshire Arms. They are on hand throughout the day and evening ready to take care of your bags and put them in your room for arrival, look after pets, guide you through the best walks in the area and so much more. Please find them at reception throughout your stay.
At the dog-friendly Devonshire Arms Hotel & Spa, a warm welcome awaits our guests and the four-legged kind.Dogs and their owners will enjoy, with equal anticipation, access to acres of off-road walks directly from the hotel, with beautiful vistas of the Dales, Fells, woods and riverside- to be explored together. Practical assistance is also on hand, for example a pet-concierge service at reception, washing areas, spare bowls, leads and waste bags on hand, as well as thoughtfully placed bins for you to keep our beautifully maintained grounds just as you found them. £10 for each dog per night. Please note the Devonshire Brasserie & Burlington Restaurant are not pet-friendly, but well-behaved dogs are welcome to stay with us at reception! Call reception on 01756 718100 for further information.
The owners and managers of The Devonshire Arms Hotel & Spa understand their responsibility to ensure that the needs of all guests are recognised. We have assessed our activities and the layout of the hotel with respect to access for all:
- People with specific needs are given full consideration, and all public areas are easily accessible for all.
- The main entrance is even, and the meeting rooms, Cocktail Lounge, Burlington Restaurant and the Brasserie are all on one level.
- The grounds immediately surrounding the hotel are also easily accessible for guests with physical impairments with seating areas for wheelchair users.
- We will make every effort to ensure that guests with special accessibility needs are able to take advantage of the spa and as many of our experiences as possible.
- All management and HOD’s receive full training in the sensitivities of dealing with guests with disabilities, and we are all aware of guests’ special needs.
- There is an Accessible public toilet enabling non-residents to enjoy our facilities.
- Guests with special access needs may drive up to the front door of the hotel and receive assistance; we are happy to park cars for guests if required.
- We have 16 bedrooms on the ground floor and also have specially adapted accessible bedrooms.
- We will aim to strive for continual improvement in procedures and training with regards to access for all.
Let’s Be Social
Visit our social media pages.
Be the first to hear about offers and events.Subscribe Now